Sunday, January 29, 2012

Better this morning . . .

This morning brings a new day and hopefully a better attitude.  I broke down and got some comfort food yesterday and surprisingly, it helped and didn't make things worse.  I am lactose intolerant and allergic to milk so ice cream is not a weekly treat.  It is more like  twice a year treat on a weekend when I don't have to be anywhere so if I do get sick, it wont be an inconvience to anyone but me.  Maybe my body was just completely 'out of whack' and I was craving dairy.  It usually acts as a depressant as well and I stay away from it as much as possible but since I was already in such a nasty mood, I didn't think it would make things any worse than they already were so I broke down and got a pint of twix ice cream.  The comfort food did its job and didn't cause me much discomfort. 

So, for the pain count, hands about 3, right wrist is acting up so about a 5, pads of feet almost completely void of feeling but cramping quite a bit, toes are numb but hurt a lot when they are cramping (7), and finally neck is rather stiff this morning as well.  Right hand is still swollen but yesterday I started crocheting because I had to do something.  The pointer finger on the right hand seems to be twisting more at the first joint and has pain shooting through it when I am using it so I think the joint is being damaged further.  I never looked at my hands as much as I do now.  I really have taken them for granted and never paid much attention to how they look.  Now I wonder how much of this has been this way a long time I just didn't notice it or if they are changing faster than before.  I think I will take some pics on my webcam so that I have a reference point to refer back to compare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment