Thursday, January 12, 2012

Weather's effects on my PsA

Today is supposed to bring us our first significant snow of the season.  I have managed to be potato and tomato free for 4 days now and symptoms have been improving, however, I woke up with more stiffness and pain this morning than earlier this week.  My hands are stiff (about a 5), my wrists are aching, my achilles tendon is tight and I still have pain in the bottom pads of my feet.  The good news is that my toe hasn't woke me in the night in over a week now.  Even though I have been sleeping better, I still feel very fatigued and as if I am not sleeping enough. 

I have cut back on my crochet since guitars have started.  I am using my hands so much more lately that I am afraid I may over do it. I can tell I am tired because my writing isn't as positive as earlier posts have been. 

So the snow isn't here yet but is supposed to be soon.  Is that why my wrists hurt?  Does the air pressure effect the joints?  Yes, it does, however I am not sure if what I am feeling is because of  over use or the weather.  I guess I will have to wait and  decide later when I have more experience.  I have decided I will no longer wish the day away.  When I was in pain before, I found myself hoping for the day to go by quickly so I could rest.  I realized I was wishing my life away and not enjoying it.  So I have decided to change my wish - I will now wish for a pleasant distraction from the pain.  Meanwhile, I will just keep plugging along day by day doing the best I can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment