Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The return of water class

Hands are a 2 this morning however feet are about a 4.  Lots of numbness and nerve pain.  Had some tomato sauce  on pizza yesterday but doesn't seem to be effecting anything.

Water class started last night and I didn't go.  It is one of my favorite things to do and I have many friends there but I am concerned that my hands wont be able to get me out of the pool.  It would be a lot different if they had a normal set of stairs in and out but they only have the ladder built into the side.  Last season, I had a very embarassing experience when the stair broke (prior to class) and I could not get out of the pool by myself.  People came together and helped me yet it was very painful and embarassing.  I know I will feel guilty if the class doesn't have enough people to run, but why should I pay the big bucks if I am not going to be able to use it?  I am hoping that since the Y has started to use the facilities, they will make accomodations for people with health concerns but I am not holding my breath.  I think I may call and ask if it would be a possibility since I know a lot of seniors have taken the class in the past and I think it would be a lot more accessible if they were to do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment