Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My experiment with nightshade veggies continues.  I reintroduced some onion tater tots for dinner last night and, just as predicted, I had a slight flare up.  My hips felt like they were swolen and it may be my imagination, but my pants feel tighter this morning.  My left pinky finger has also been acting up and I think it may be starting to have joint damage as it is now crooked.  It has swelled up a little but not sausage fingers yet.  The right wrist is hurting a bit as well so I am thinking I may have to have students lead the guitar playing today.  All though I haven't had my meds yet this morning, so it may all clear up after taking them.

Since I keep reading about everyone who has had to stop work due to their PsA or take a leave.  I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to check out short term disability insurance.  I plan to work as long as I can but how quickly things changed with my last major flare up, I need to be prepared either way.  I know people who over insure but for once I think I am doing the right thing since the chances are now higher that I may have to take a health leave at some point.  On the other hand, if I prepare for it, it may not happen just because I am prepared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment