Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sometimes the pain doesn't make sense.

Sundays usually are a 'sleep in and get caught up on rest' day, however today was a bit different.  I woke up in the night with really bad heartburn.  After getting up and taking care of it, I realized I was stiffer than I had been in a couple months.  Probably a 5 on my stiffness scale, but my hands were stiff and swollen, along with the rest of my body.  Knees were creaking, feet were sore, hands hurt, pretty much my entire body.  The weather is the same as yesterday so I don't really think that had anything to do with it - I did have a small handful of potato chips yesterday - and I am under a little stress from trying to figure out expenses (our prescription insurance went up the beginning of the year and is causing issues) - but really I didn't expect any of these things to effect me this much. 

Surprisingly, I did go back to sleep and didn't get up until 9 am.  Sometimes the pain just doesn't follow any rules.  You may feel fine one day and then barely move the next.  I still have so much to learn about this thing.  I am actively looking for patterns but nothing has totally stood out except for the nightshade veggie thing.  My brain must be a bit cloudy today since I think I have now typed the word 'thing' a few too many times in this blog. 

The key to feeling better is to keep moving.  Stiff or not, I have to walk and just move in general.  Sometimes that is easier said than done but lucky for me, my water aerobics class is starting up again this week.  But with the finances a bit goofy, I am not sure if I am going to be able to go this round.  I just don't have the answers right now and maybe that is subconsciously effecting my health status.  Live and learn - it will all be worked out somehow but until then I just have to keep my chin up and do my best to make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment