Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thought I was doing things right and doing everything I could to keep this disease at bay and then I got up this morning.  Reality decided to remind me that I have a chronic illness and that I can never let my guard down because it can and will hit at any time.  I went to get up this morning and couldn't put any pressure on my right toes.  Ended up calling in sick to work and having to explain to my boss.  I'm going to go see the rheumy tomorrow to see what is happening. 

Today marks the first day I missed work due to PsA.  Today also is the first day that I realized this thing is going to get worse.  I used the cane due to PsA for the first time today as well.  So glad we have the handicapped hangie because it surely came in handy.  It is amazing how one small portion of your body can dictate how your entire day will be.  I stayed in bed most of the day and tried to figure out what to do.  Now I am debating what to tell the students tomorrow.  I don't want them to worry about me but it will be obvious to know something is happening when I come in with a cane.  Still feel I am going through this for a reason, hopefully I will discover the reason and do God's will.  Meanwhile, I will stay positive and not allow this to bring me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment