Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Life changes everything

Not the best morning, hands and elbows are hurting.  On the scale I would say it is about a 5.  The weather has been up and down between rain, snow and sleet.  I did well regarding eating and even included some garlic to help with inflammation, however my right hand is swollen and my right elbow as well.  Both feet are hurting as well.  Neck is stiff  and lower back is feeling stiff as well.  My meds haven't kicked in yet but hopefully will help later.  Getting dressed hurt as well but I pushed through and even wore socks. 

There are so many things we take for granted.  Simple acts like putting on your socks can be comprimised with this disease.  Some days, putting on a bra is simply out of the question.  My hubby thinks I just don't like to wear them, the truth is that some days it really hurts to put it on.  I have had sock issues as well.  With all the body parts that like to swell, tighter socks can cause problems.  I have resorted to loose fitting anklets that are easier to put on and off which, of course, limits my choices of stylish socks.  Nylons are out of the question.  Shoes are questionable as well.  I still haven't found a pair that suits all my needs, instead I have a pair that fits for comfort but not exactly work appropriate (thank Goodness my boss understands what is happening with me and is allowing me to wear them).  Feeling as yucky as I am today, it makes me realize how really bad it was last summer.  I was in a lot of denial when I was feeling my worst - I just kept thinking it would go away and pushed through the pain.  At the time, I thought I was being positive but looking back, I was way worse off than I am now.  Even though I am still in pain, I am making it work and taking my mind off of it.  It gets worse if I dwell on it so I often try to do other things to take my mind off it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment